Canon India rebrands its Ink Tank Printer Lineup as ‘MegaTank’ demonstrating technology supremacy in the category
India, 28th September 2023: Canon India, one of the leading digital imaging brands, today announced the rebranding of its PIXMA and MAXIFY ink tank printer lineup to PIXMA MegaTank and MAXIFY MegaTank. The rebranding of the printer range embodies Canon’s advances in inkjet printing technology that delivers best-in-class page yields for home offices and small businesses. It also conveys the brand’s commitment to providing superior quality printouts that meet the demands of modern customers who seek high-quality printouts at incredibly low costs.
Sharing his thoughts on the announcement, Mr. C Sukumaran, Senior Director, Product & Communication, Canon India said, “Committed to innovation, we are proud to showcase the best of Canon’s technology in high yield ink tank printers with our MegaTank rebranding. The affordability and versatility of ink tank printers, coupled with increased remote work and the growth of small businesses in the country, has significantly driven its recent uptake as an essential solution for diverse printing needs. And at Canon India, we have been quick to recognize this shift and have responded with an range of printers that cater to various applications that are optimised for home offices and enterprise customers. Our rebranding initiative is aimed at fuelling this growth further by aligning our products with evolving market trends and thereby enhancing our brand awareness in this category.”
The MegaTank sub-brand represents the best characteristics of Canon’s ink tank printer series:
- High Yield Ink Bottles for Ultra Low-Cost Printing: MegaTank represents the best of Canon’s research and development in high yield inkjet technology. With high yield up to 14,000 pages on a single set of replacement ink bottles, users can print more while spending less making it the ideal choice for homes, home offices, small businesses among others.
- Unparalleled Ease of Use: User-friendliness has always been at the heart of Canon’s Ink Tank Printers. The new MegaTank sub-brand combines effortless installation, intuitive operation, and seamless connectivity for a hassle-free printing experience.
- Easy Maintenance with Removable Maintenance Cartridges: MegaTank printers feature easily removable maintenance cartridges that are available from retail stores, so replacement is swift and straightforward. Users can enjoy uninterrupted productivity without unexpected visits to the service centre and time-consuming maintenance processes.
- High-Quality Printing on Documents and Photos: Premium print quality can be assured with the MegaTank series, as it brings forth high-resolution printing that captures the finest details –be it crisp text documents or vivid photos. The MAXIFY MegaTank lineup even features pigment inks that create water resistant3 documents to mitigate impact from accidental spills.
- Catering to All Needs: The Canon MegaTank lineup starts from essential models for home and home offices, to business-centred configurations catering to larger offices and small businesses. The MAXIFY MegaTank series also include productivity features such as auto duplex printing for resource conservation, swift print speeds to boost efficiency, extra-large paper cassettes for bulk printing, and the inclusion of pigment ink for water-resistance3 on documents and exceptional print longevity.
About Canon Inc.
Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leader in the fields of professional and consumer imaging equipment, industrial equipment, and information systems. Canon’s extensive range of products includes production printers, multifunction office systems, inkjet and laser printers, cameras, video and cinematography equipment, network cameras, medical systems and semiconductor-manufacturing equipment. Originally established in 1937 as Precision Optical Industry, Co., Ltd., a camera manufacturer, Canon has successfully diversified and globalized to become a worldwide industry leader in professional and consumer imaging systems and solutions. With approximately 180,775 employees worldwide, the Canon Group includes manufacturing and marketing subsidiaries in Japan, the Americas, Europe, Asia and Oceania; and a global R&D network with companies based in the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia. Canon’s consolidated net sales for fiscal 2022 (ended December 31, 2022) totaled $30.31 billion (at an exchange rate of ¥133=U.S. $1). Visit the Canon Inc. website at: global.canon
About Canon India
Canon India Pvt. Ltd. Is the sales and marketing subsidiary of Canon Inc., a world leader in imaging technologies. Having started its operations in 1997, Canon India markets a comprehensive range of sophisticated contemporary digital imaging products and solutions in India. The company today has offices in 10 cities across India with merchandise warehousing facilities at 4 location and employs over 1000 staff and over 850 channel partners. Canon India enjoys a vast retail presence across the country through Canon Image Square (CIS) stores, PIXMA Zones, and BIS Lounges. Canon India’s service reach extends to over 632 towns covering 19,118 PIN codes across India – which comprises of 349 Camera collection points, 15 Camera repair centers, 316 Printer repair centers, 184 Copier, Scanner and 129 Large Format Printer Sales & Service dealers. (Data as of February 2023)
In sync with its corporate tagline- ‘Delighting You Always’, reinforced by World-class technology, Canon offers an extended product portfolio, including Digital Production Printers, Large Format Printers, Commercial Printers, Multi-Functional Devices, Managed Document Services, Inkjet & Laser Printers, Document and Cheque Scanners, Digital Cameras, DSLRs, Mirrorless cameras, Cinematic Imaging Products, Surveillance cameras and Medical Imaging products catering to the multiple market segments of consumer, SME, B2B, Commercial, Government & PSUs.