Canon India Pvt. Ltd. is a 100% subsidiary of Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd. This world leader in imaging technologies commenced operations in India in the year 1997. Today Canon has offices spread across 14 cities in India and an employee strength of over a 1000 people. The company offers a comprehensive range of over 200 sophisticated and contemporary digital imaging products in the country, including copier MFDs, Managed Document Services, Fax-Machines, Printers, Document and Cheque Scanners, All-in-ones, Digital Cameras, DSLR’s, Cinematic Imaging Products, Camcorders, Cable ID Printers and Card printers catering to the multiple market segments of consumer, SME, B2B, Commercial, Government & PSUs.
With the launch of ‘Canon Image Square’ (CIS), Canon India forayed into the retail space in 2010. Currently, Canon India has over 250 CIS stores across several cities in the country. Canon India’s unique initiative to tap Tier II, Tier III and Tier IV cities of the country was instrumental in this regard.
As a responsible corporate entity, Canon India takes pride to be socially inclined and focused towards its efficient and sustainable CSR projects. The company’s CSR policy is in line with its corporate philosophy ‘Kyosei’, which means living and working together for the common good. ‘Adopt a Village’ initiative, which was started in 2012 is Canon India’s flagship CSR project. Committed to fostering self-reliant rural communities in India and focusing on the 4Es – eye care, education, environment and empowerment, through this CSR project, Canon India has adopted four villages across the country; Sol Gohalia village, located near Kolkata, Ferozepur Namak village in Haryana, Maharaja Katte village in Bengaluru and Karanjoti village in Thane district near Maharashtra.
With a vision to have a proliferating India, Canon India has partnered with SOS Children’s village across India to support the education and overall development of less privileged children in the villages, across the country. Through this campaign, Canon aims to address the issue of abandonment and social neglect of young lives.
Canon takes pride in not only bringing quality products to the market; but also in contributing towards minimizing the environmental burden, through the effective application of green technologies. Canon focuses on the development of resource conserving products that are smaller, lighter and easier to recycle. Canon India takes the responsibility of disposing end-of-life Canon products and other e-waste by transporting them to a government approved recycling agency.
Today, Canon India is ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 27001 and ISO 22301 certified. The company was awarded the title of ‘strong commitment to excel’ at the CII-EXIM Business Excellence Award, in the year 2006 and 2010 respectively. Over the last 20 years, Canon India’s comprehensive range of the latest digital imaging products, supported by a well-trained salesforce across the country, has emerged as the key differentiator boosting the company’s growth.
Canon India has closed the year 2017, with a double digit growth. At present, Canon India’s service reach extends to 600 towns covering 17,774 PIN codes across India - which comprises of 300 Camera collection points, 18 Camera repair centers, 236 Printer repair centers, 185 Copier, Scanner and Large Format Printer Sales & Service dealers.
Key Highlights 2017
- Canon, marked its 20th anniversary in India with the announcement of its ‘Vision 2020’, by Ms. Noriko Gunji, President & CEO, Canon Singapore and Mr. Kazutada Kobayashi, President & CEO, Canon India
- Hosted an online Photo story contest called ”Story of Kyosei”, conceptualized in line with Canon’s global brand philosophy derived from a Japanese word called ’Kyosei’ which means living and working in harmony for the common good irrespective of race, religion or culture.
- Marked International Women’s Day with various initiatives under ‘WE@Canon’ that stands for Women Empowerment at Canon
- Flagged off a Pan India Roadshow to strengthen customer engagement
- Signed an MoU with Film and Television Institute of India, Pune to promote film education through short-term courses across several towns and cities in the country.
- Celebrated two successful years of Karanjoti Village’s adoption under its flagship CSR programme – ‘Adopt A Village’
- Installed Canon’s first 100ppm colour digital press -imagePRESS C10000VP at Allahabad
- Celebrated two successful years of Sol Gohalia Village’s adoption under its flagship CSR programme – ‘Adopt A Village’
- Made its debut at one of the world’s largest fairs- Pushkar Cultural Fair with a synergic set up of Touch, Try, Consult & Buy Zone, for the professional photographers and photography enthusiasts
- Hosted the eighth edition of Canon Photo Marathon in India
- Announced the launch of an extensive range of offerings in the Professional Printing Domain at Print Pack India - the highest number of product since 2009 in a single show.
- Installed Canon’s first 100ppm machine - iPR C10000VP printer with the ability to produce consistent high quality prints on textured media
- Stepped into a new domain with the launch of four new wireless Laser Presenters - PR1000-R, PR500-R, PR100-R and PR10-G.
- Launched two new models under the Consumer System Products’ Inkjet vertical - PIXMA TS3170 and PIXMA E3170
- Launched EOS 6D Mark II, with the imaging power of a large full frame sensor that imbues photography with a “Sense Of Genius”
- Introduced the third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE series & a robust A3 color multi-function device (MFD) iRC3020
- Franchise India Awards 2017: Mr. Kobayashi as the ‘Professional of the Year’
- Franchise India Awards 2017: Canon India awarded the ‘Innovation in Technology’
- Frost & Sullivan Awards 2017: Leadership & Innovation
- CSR Impact Awards 2017: Employee Involvement
- Asian Photography: Mr. Kobayashi amongst the top 10 influential people in Photography
- World Consulting Research Corporation 2017: Mr. Kobayashi awarded as the ‘India’s Most Trusted CEO’
- Femina World Women Leadership Award and World HR Congress ‘HR Excellence through Technology’: Ms. Shikha Rai, our Vice President –HRO,HRD, IT and QEHS
- India’s Greatest Brands & Leaders 2017: Mr. Anuj Aggarwal, Ex CFO and Vice President, Canon India
- El Sol Research Trend & Consulting: Most Prestigious Brand of the Year
- 2017 iF Design Awards (Product Winners)
- EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR Camera
- PowerShot G5 X Digital Compact Camera
- European Imaging and Sound Association Awards for 2016-2017
- EOS 80D
- EOS-1D X Mark II
- EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM
- EOS M5
- Asian Photography Awards 2017- EOS-1D X Mark II & EOS M5
- Information Technology and Imaging Awards 2017
- PowerShot G7X MARK II
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Canon EOS- 1D X MARK II
- The EF16-35 f/2.8 III USM
- 16th Star Nite Awards 2017 - Best Photo Copier and Best Imaging Solution Company
- Var India ’25 Most Trusted Brands’: Canon India amongst most trusted brands