Canon PIXMA PRO-1 printer upgraded with New Functions
Thank you for using Canon product.
The following new functions have been added to the PIXMA PRO-1.
- PRO Mode is now available
- Less print margins when printing on fine art papers
- Canvas Paper Mode is now available
Please check the firmware version of your PRO-1 printer to see if it needs to be upgraded. You would need to upgrade if your printer firmware version is V1.0. If your printer firmware version is V2.0 or later, you do not need to upgrade the firmware.
How to know your printer firmware version
You can check your printer firmware version through one of the three ways listed below.
If one of the following applies to your case, you don't need to upgrade the firmware.
If it doesn't, please upgrade the firmware.
1. The value printed on the label of the CD that came with the printer is 2.0 or higher.
2. The version printed in the Nozzle Check pattern is 2.0 or higher.
The Nozzle Check pattern can be printed using the following procedures:
- Power on the printer.
- Set one sheet of A4 plain paper in the Rear Tray as follows:
- Open the Paper Support of the Rear Tray.
- Gently open the Paper Output Tray.
- IMPORTANT: If the Inner Cover (A) is open, close it.
- Extend the Output Tray Extension.
- Open the Feed Slot Cover.
- Extend the Paper Guides (B) to the end, and set a sheet of A4 plain paper in the center of the Rear Tray.
- Align the Paper Guides (B) to the side edge of the paper.
- IMPORTANT: Gently align the guides to the paper. If they are too tight, the paper may not feed properly.
- Set the paper with the shorter edges at the top and bottom as shown below. If the longer edges are at the top and bottom, the paper can get jammed in the printer.
- Slowly close the Feed Slot Cover.
- Press and hold the Resume / Cancel button until the Power lamp blinks twice, then release the button.
- The Nozzle Check pattern will be printed. Do NOT perform anything until the printing finishes.
- The printer firmware version is given at the bottom of the printed pattern (in the red-framed area).
- If it is Ver2.### or higher, no upgrade is necessary.
- If it is Ver1.### or no version is printed, the firmware needs to be upgraded.
3. The printer name is given as "Canon PRO-1 v1-1 series.
1. In [Control Panel], select [View Device and Printers], and [Printers] or [Printers and Faxes].
2. Right-click on the printer icon and select [Properties].
3. In the Properties dialog box, the model name is given as below (in the red frame).
1. Open [System Preferences], and select [Print & Scan] or [Print & Fax].
2. In the Printers list, select the PRO-1 and check the printer driver name given as below (in the
How to upgrade the firmware
To upgrade your printer firmware, download the Printer Update Utility from the following URL, and follow the instructions given in the Manual that is included in the download package.
For Windows, click here.
For Mac OS X, click here.
IMPORTANT: The printer driver, Easy-PhotoPrint Pro, Solution Menu EX, and Print Studio Pro that you have been using with the previous firmware version will not be usable with the upgraded firmware. After the firmware is upgraded, download and install the latest versions of the applicable software from the download library.